Price of a Kiss by Linda Kage

Title: Price Of A Kiss
Author: Linda Kage
Series: Forbidden Men Book 1
Hotness: πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

Synopsis:
*new adult romance*
**explicit scenes and language**
I don’t care what my cousin says; I am not the queen of impossible relationships. I mean, just because my last boyfriend tried to kill me and left a bit of a scar on my neck, then forced me to move across the country and legally change my name to Reese Randall to escape him, does not mean—
Oh, who am I kidding? For a freshman in college, I have to have the worst dating track record ever.
It’s no wonder love is the last thing on my mind when Mason Lowe enters my life. But the chemistry between us is like bam! Our connection defies logic. And he’s just so freaking hot. Being around him makes me feel more alive than I’ve ever felt before. I even like bickering with him. He could be my soul mate...except for one teeny tiny glitch.
He's a gigolo.
Boy, do I know how to pick them.

πŸ”ΈπŸ”ΈπŸ”ΈπŸ”ΈπŸ”ΈπŸ”ΈπŸ”ΈπŸ”ΈπŸ”ΈπŸ”ΈπŸ”ΈπŸ”ΈπŸ”ΈπŸ”Έ

Its been a little while since I've read a five star book. I think my last one may have been Mud Vein but I'm not totally sure. Anywho, I absolutely adored this book. I laughed. I swooned. I yelled. I cussed. It done its magical job and brought out my emotions.
I've been in a reading slump lately and wore down by writing reviews that I wanted. Scratch that. I NEEDED to find something to read just for fun. And this did it. I don't feel like writing this review is an obligation. It's enjoyment. The blurb of this book is what caught my eye at first but then the story just sucked me in. I'm gonna let you know this book starts out with a bang. By the end of the prologue I'll mean that LITERALLY. I didn't think I was gonna like Mason at first. I thought for sure he was gonna love being a gigalo. But we see this side of Mason that is just..ugh..so vulnerable and lonely. He feels unworthy and disgusted with himself. But Reese sees the side that no one else does. The girls see him as an object. A secret they'd like to try but never let anyone know about. The guys see him as some kind of God. I mean come on. A college boy getting it on with rich beautiful cougars? What guys wouldn't want to be his friend. But Reese? That girl sees all of him. And even though he is forbidden she wants it all. It was cute watching these two fight their growing feelings for each other. Their banter back and forth gave me warm feelings.
I didn't really care too much for Eva throughout the story. I get that she was trying to protect Reese but man she was a snobby bitch. Being purposely spiteful and rude. Not only hurting Mason but Reese in the process. She redeemed herself a little at the end though. I just ended up feeling sorry for her.
And oh those damn women! Don't get me started on them! His so called "clients". Grrr! Especially his landlady. She's the worst of them all. And then the scene with Mason and Reese after he was with his landlady. *sobs*It broke my heart.
Sarah was just a cute little thing. She may have cerebral palsy but she was so spunky. Reese treated her like a sister instead of a babysitter, which is something that little girl needed lots of. Anytime Reese interacted with her I had a smile on my face.
So many times in this story I swooned. And hugged my kindle to my chest and just sighed. Because to me this story was just that sweet and delicious. Granted the deliciousness with Reese and Mason doesn't happen until later in the story but the flirting and bantering back and forth was just the foreplay to me.
Just so everyone knows I popped my Linda Kage cherry today. Yup. *vigorously nods head* And let me tell you something. *whispers conspiratorially* It was totally worth the wait.
I know. I know. I was all over the place with this review but you get my drift, eh? Go forth and read my lovelies!

                                Rating:

Want to see what everyone else is saying about this Ah-Mazing book? Check it out on Goodreads.

Totally wanting a copy now? Grab it on Amazon.


Comments