Bright Side by Kim Holden

Title: Bright Side
Author: Kim Holden
Hotness: 🔥🔥
Synopsis:
Secrets. 
Everyone has one. 
Some are bigger than others. 
And when secrets are revealed, 
Some will heal you ... 
And some will end you. 

Kate Sedgwick’s life has been anything but typical. She’s endured hardship and tragedy, but throughout it all she remains happy and optimistic (there’s a reason her best friend Gus calls her Bright Side). Kate is strong-willed, funny, smart, and musically gifted. She’s also never believed in love. So when Kate leaves San Diego to attend college in the small town of Grant, Minnesota, the last thing she expects is to fall in love with Keller Banks. 

They both feel it. 
But they each have a reason to fight it. 
They each have a secret. 

And when secrets are revealed, 
Some will heal you … 
And some will end you. 

🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹
Hey! *frantically waves* Have you seen my heart anywhere? *looking around* I seem to have lost it back there somewhere. *points behind me* Kim Holden ripped it out of my chest and tossed it. Actually...maybe Bright side has it. *shrugs* I don't know anymore. I just know its no longer in my chest. I've got to say. I have read a few 5 star books this year. Books that have made me sad. Books that have made me happy. Books that have broke my heart. But this book. *shakes my head* This book took me to an entirely different emotional level. I'm not even sure I can explain it. Maybe that it touched my soul? Ughh! It aggravates me that I don't have to the words to adequately explain what this book did to me and my soul.  And the thing is....I went into this book with my eyes open. I'm a spoiler whore. I read the spoilers before I even read the book. Which I don't recommend. Don't get me wrong. I don't regret that I knew what was coming because even with me knowing it didn't diminish the impact. But I imagine without knowing.....that'd be a whole different ball game. 
Now I'm not going to touch too much onto the actual storyline because even though I like reading spoilers I don't want to give any away. I AM however going to touch on these amazing characters.
Kate Sedwick, Bright side, lives up to her nickname. She's bubbly. Happy. Loving. She see's the bright side of everything and everyone. She is always pushing everyone to be their best. To do their best. She does her best to not let life get her down. She's the person that can make a friend out of anyone. The one people gravitate towards because of the brightness that shines from her soul. Gus has been her best friend for 20+ years. Their friendship is the one thing she holds tightly to. Until Keller Banks.

 Gustov Hawthorne, Gus, holds a special place in my heart. I fell in love with this boy in this book. The friendship Gus and Kate share is special. And rare. They have a bond that many people would love to have. Not only with their significant other but with their best friend.
While this was Kate and Keller's story, Gus still played a huge part in it because he is a huge part of Kate. Gus and Kate love each other. To the bottom of their souls, love each other. Music is so much a part of their relationship that they pretty much have their own language. And its beautiful. So, so beautiful.

Keller Banks. Another beautiful man I fell in love with in this book. And man who is mysterious. A man a little bit broken. But another man that makes my Katie happy. He's drawn to Kate. He wants her for himself. But he's not sure he can have her. Because he's not sure he can understand her and Gus's relationship. Plus he's got Stella in his life. And he's not sure Kate can accept his relationship with Stella. So they become friends. Until they become more.
The love between these two is slow burning. They don't have no insta-love, which is good because I feel it would have detracted from the story. Kate didn't want to fall in love with Keller. She has reasons. And they are sound. But as we all know. You can't control your heart. Watching these two together was simply beautiful. 

Now there are other secondary characters that I fell in love with. Clayton, Peter, Shelly and Duncan. But I touched on the main three because they ARE the book.
It took me three days to write this review because I wasn't sure what I wanted to say. I wasn't sure my words were going to bring this story justice. I just hope they have let you know that......YOU NEED THIS MOTHERFUCKING BOOK! Like yesterday. Oh. And make sure to lock your heart up and have like 5 boxes of tissues on hand.
Go forth and read, my lovelies.
Until next time,
Xoxo

Rating:

Want to see what others are saying about Bright Side? Check it out on Goodreads.

Want a copy of this beauty for yourself? Grab it on Amazon.


Comments